happiness around the world

Thursday, May 11, 2006

How difficult. なんて難しいの...

How difficult to tell one's feeling... Especially among people who don't have same background, and live far away... It's really hard to communicate just via email and MSN stuff. I had some trouble with my friends who live in Germany. It's caused by misunderstandings and cultural differences, I guess.
Because I liked them, I tended to follow their opinions. Harmony is considered to be very important among Japanese people. I don't know if it's good or not, but I naturally got it.
Through the trouble, though, I found out that sometimes it made such a mess. If I would have been more decisive and have my opinion, we hadn't had such troubles.
Now I'm trying to fix the problems. I told my feeling to her as honest as possible, and I believe that she's going to understand me...

ドイツの子達とちょっとしたトラブルが起こってしまった。私は正直彼女達がいかに率直に物を言うか、感謝して聞いたり、時には戸惑ったりしている。「協調」を大事にしてきた日本文化の中で、特に相手が自分に何かをしてくれるとそれにNOと言えないのは大概の日本人ではないかと思う。
それでも私がもっと自分の意見を持って提案していたならば、そんなに問題は起こらなかっただろうと反省している。どうか彼女に伝わりますように。

4 Comments:

  • At 3:00 AM, Blogger Mason H said…

    Well that sounds... fun?

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger tcrei said…

    Ha-ha! I think what Mason is trying to say is…
    The best thing to do is to be honest with yourself and others. Don’t try to hide your feelings from the people you love. A true friendship can endure the worst. Take Mason and I for example… we hold nothing back, and sometimes this leads to some pretty extreme friction between the two of us. But every time this happens, we learn more and more from each other, and the friendship becomes stronger and stronger. We have one of the best friendships I have seen, and we didn’t get there by hiding things from each other. All we can ask is the understanding of those around us, and in turn, provide them with that same understanding.
    You did a good thing speaking out about how you felt, and a friend will always try their best to understand and be there for you.
    Of course, Mason wrote this down in a much more condensed version… He’s a really smart guy.

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger Mason H said…

    Ahh, thanks Matt. Truth be told thats exactly what i was trying to say. Ha ha ha!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger reiko said…

    M & M,
    Thank you very much for your comments. Now I understand what you are saying, Mason. Ya, we got to know each other more, and it has built stronger friendship among us. M & M are such smart friends!! :) I really appreciate that such sweet people like Japan, my county. Of course I'm also interested in a lot of things in each country. Like pootine(Am I spell right??)! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home