happiness around the world

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

World Cup has started! ワールドカップが始まった!

The most excited thing I have had these days was, of course, the World Cup! I am actually watching the game Switzerland against France now. Unfortunately Japan lost last night (12th) against Australia... I was cried... seriously. But! We will still have two games to go and have fun watching again :)
Basically I cheer for Germany, Ecuador, Switzerland, Holland, and Japan which are countries where I have good friends. :) Isn't it great that people can be excited about one thing all over the world? I feel happy when I can communicate with my friends through the games and cheer up for them. I feel that I have several home countries to cheer up! ;)
Sports or art have a magical power that people can feel close beyond their border. I think that it's more fun to give nice players applause even they don't belong to your own country.

ワールドカップ開催から早5日。日本とオーストラリアの試合は最初に1点入れてた分、3点入れられた落胆は大きかった…。でもまだ2試合あるし、私のhome countryは数カ国あるから他の応援も楽しもう!:)

スポーツや芸術を通じて世界の人が一つのことに熱中できることは本当にいいことだと思います。自分の国だけじゃなくて、他国のナイスプレーにも拍手出来るようになると私はもっとゲームを楽しめると思います。もちろんあと2試合、気合入れて日本を応援するけどね!(笑

6 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Matt said…

    Really, it's just a competition to see who gets second place. We all know Canada is invincible, it would be unfair if we were in the world cup, we are just too good! Haha.... I wish.
    It's too bad Japan lost though, I was rooting for them. Hopefully they will win the next game... but then they play brazil... uh-oh!

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Reiko! Did you get my email? Some good friends of mine are in Chiba right now and would like to meet you... let me know if you are around! Love you!!! Dorothy!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Candice (Matt's friend) said…

    Yeah, Japan needs to recrute some better players. they have the potential, just not this year. Italy will take the cup....woowoo...go Italy

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No, not Italy will take the cup, Argentina will! But if none of the teams wins that Reiko is cheering for, she will be too sad. Crying endlessly... So what about Germany winning the World Cup? Theresia

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry Theresia,
    It is nice of you Germans to host us, but of course Australia will win. After all, we made Reiko cry, the rest is easy.
    ;-)
    Ben.

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger reiko said…

    Hahaha! Everyone starts to discuss who will take the cup on my blog! Thank you for writing comments! :)

    I think it would be nice if the host country wins. It will be a record on world history, Theresia!

    In person I will first cheer for Ecuador though... there is a reason. When I went to Ecuador, my Ecuadorian friend told me that the political and economical situation there was still very bad. They struggled to recover themselves. She said she admired Japan because we had a drastic recover from WWII and have a great economy now... so I do hope that more and more Ecuadorian people become happy and get a confidence from the winning of World Cup. I just wanna see their big smile because they were such good friends. :)

    Ummm, at the same time I root for Germany and Holland and Switzerland and America and Korea... I'm sorry Ben, I can't cheer for Australia somehow... ;(

    By the way, Candice, are you coming to Japan?? Yeah! I'm looking forward to seeing you! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home