happiness around the world

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

一期一会 a once-in-a-lifetime chance

I'm home from the discussion session! :)

I have met a lot of new people including Japanese. Especially I made good Latvian friends, whom I'm thinking to visit this summer, hopefully. They promised me to welcome me. ;) I was kind of surprised that we didn't have any cultural differences at all. I felt really close to them. I guess it depends on their personalities, but I'm glad that we've become really good friends beyond the border. :)

We learned the word "a once-in-a-lifetime chance" from the tea ceremony which we did as our course's hands-on activity. I won't see everybody in the session in the future, but it is true that we had a good time together and won't forget about it.

討議セッションから帰ってきました、ただいま!

日本人を含む多くの友達と出会え、別れて来たと思います。ラトビアからの子達とは特に仲良くなったよ。一緒に過ごした時間はたった5日間だったけど、最終日には泣きそうだった。この中のほとんどの人とは会えないんだなあと思うと、世界は広すぎて。

それでもセッションの中の茶道の精神で習った「一期一会」を心に留めて、これからもその瞬間瞬間を大事にして多くの人と出逢っていきたいと思いました。

4 Comments:

  • At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Ina said…

    Hi Reiko,

    It's good to know that you were having fun and made a lot of new friends. Now, you will have more friends to visit for your european tour :)

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger the Beckster said…

    Hey Reiko!

    When are you going to Europe again? Have fun!!

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger reiko said…

    Dear Ina Ina,
    Ya, I made close friends in Latvia, but I don't think I can visit them in this summer... I couldn't chenge my flight. But hopefully someday soon. I would love to visit Indonesia and see you too! A good friend of mine who studies in Australia has an Indonesian girlfriend. We talked how we wanted to visit Indonesia. Someday... over the rainbow...
    Love, Reiko Reiko

    Beckster!
    I wrote a long comment on your blog!! So glad to see your pictures... you never get old. ;)
    Love! One of the loveable members of J-girls ;)

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Ina said…

    Reiko,

    You are always welcome to visit me anytime.. I am waiting for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home