happiness around the world

Monday, July 10, 2006

最近の報告 update

The presentation went well! I practiced many times, and my group members and other people said I did good job. Thank you Matt and Theresia! Owing to your encouragement, I could do well! :)

We hold a social gathering today. I lent a spacious traditional tatami-mat room for today. About 40 people including locals gathered. This might be the last social gathering hosted by me. I'm fully satisfied everyone seemed to enjoy. :)

I will join the "International Youth Exchange discussion session" organized by Japanese government for 5 days from tomorrow. It is very exciting for me because I will be able to open my eyes with meeting and having discussion with youths from 12 counties such as Estonia, Latvia, Dominican Republic, Bulgaria... I have never met people from these countries. We will discuss what traditional culture each country has and how to inherit those for the future. This is kind of my major, and I love to know about other cultures. I'm so excited! :)

プレゼンテーションはまあまあ上手くいきました。声だけは張れてたと思います(笑 やっぱり緊張したけど、いい経験になったと思います。先輩もプレゼンは場数だって言ってたし。とりあえずそのプロジェクトは終了です☆

今日はバイトで交流会を開きました。私が行う交流会最後だったと思います。畳の広い部屋を借りて、昔の遊び(福笑いとか)を用意して、大体日本人外国人合わせて40名の人が集まりました。皆楽しんでたみたいで、良かったです。今度は参加者として参加するのかなー…

今週、国際青年育成交流事業討議セッションというものに参加してきます。内閣府のやっているプログラムで、世界12カ国(exciting!)から招聘した外国青年とそれぞれの分野について討議し、セッションを通じて親睦を深めます。私の分野は伝統文化。エストニアやブルガリアなど、今まで会ったことのない国の人と知り合えるのはわくわくします。この5日間のセッションで、色んな人と知り合って見識を広げられたらなーと期待してます☆いってきます☆

3 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Reiko,

    I remembered you told me about the presentation. I knew that it would went well for you. I am proud of you.

    So today was your last WLE excursion. I always associated WLE excursion with you, so it's kind of weird to know that it's your last.

    But whatever you do in your future, I will always hope the best for you. And the youth convention does sound like a good opportunity for you.

    Ina

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Reiko, sorry again that I was late, but the party today really did look like it went well... even without me being there from the start :-) おめでとうございます.

    I'm glad that I have made so many good friends through the WLE activities (you have been very important in helping that happen) but I'm sad that I have had to say goodbye to so many. I know you feel this too, and probably more so (because you were making friends and being left by them long before I arrived).

    With such a big new group of people, probably most here for at least 3 months, I think it will be a lot like back in January when lots of people came to the activities and Matt hung back and only talked to Winnie.
    Now he will hang back and only talk to his new girlfriend (Here I am refering of course to Mason :-)

    Hopefully Mason can drag Matt into interacting with "other" people. Ganbatte.

    Anyhow, It's late, I'm rambling. G'night Mate.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger tcrei said…

    Now how am I suposed to sneak in the first comment with you two getting up at 3 in the morning and doing so before me?
    No worries yet, Reiko still has several more trips to chaperone beefore she takes off. And I have already said to myself that when she leaves, I will stop attending them. Just joking.
    Sorry, not much from me today....
    Good luck with the seminar Reiko. Have fun and learn a ton.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home